Believe it or not, there's an artist inside everyone. Grab your paintbrush and join us at Wide-Awake Geek's free Art Meet-up! Bring all your own supplies.
Whether you're an experienced artist, a novice artist, or not artistically inclined, all are welcome to come exercise their creative side. This event is free and open to members and the public alike.
Everyone will be working on art projects of their own. Follow along with anyone's project or work on your own, whichever suits your fancy. If painting isn't your thing, work in the medium of your choice (e.g. pen, pencil, pastel, charcoal, or anything!).
Note: This is not an instructional class, it is just a gathering of artistic people painting together. Feel free, however, to ask for art tips and advice during the meet-up.
Host: Terran Harris
Ages 12 & up (Ages 12-15 must be accompanied by an adult)
Supplies to bring:
• Paints (acrylic paints & craft paints are budget-friendly, dry quickly, and allow for easy brush clean-up)
• Paintbrushes (various sizes)
• Canvas (or something to paint your masterpiece on)
• Easel (if you have one - tables and benches are available too)
• Palette (to mix paints on - can be a traditional palette, a paper plate, plastic lid, or anything)
• Plastic bowl (for water to clean brushes)
• Towel / paper towels (to wipe off brushes)
• Painting Clothes (wear clothes you don't mind getting paint spatter on)